This week’s image for the Weekend Splits is courtesy of Lance: The Blog, meaning I’m giving him the courtesy of a link right there, not that he indicated that I could steal that picture. Is it bad if you laugh at a joke that someone else refers to as corny? Probably. On to the links:
- Geekologie has a video of some idiot doing pull-ups from a crane, high above the city. It made my man bits feel all tingly watching it, but only the first 27 times, after that it got kind of boring. UPDATE: That video was taken down, try this one.
- Running and Rambling posted some of his favorite jokes to tell on the run, except he only told the punch lines. Can you guess the jokes from the punch lines he gives? If so then come back here and tell them to me.
- Laura at Absolut(ly) Fit takes issue with the biggest loser catching a ride for part of the marathon and still claiming to have finished it. Actually a lot of people have taken issue with this, but I first heard about it on Absolut(ly) Fit.
- Spike had to issue an apology on his blog this week to the lady he inadvertently yelled at on his run. Yeah. Sure. Inadvertently, kind of like how I inadvertently hitched a ride for miles 17 through 20 of my marathon. What? That’s frowned upon or something?
- Finally, EverymanTri reveals the top cities in the US to train in. Boulder, Colorado tops the list, probably because your chances of a Vanilla sighting are so high there. Did your city make the cut?
Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
This is a time lapse video of a sidewalk art creation. You can see more pictures at metanamorph.com.
Have a great weekend everyone!