- I had a post go up at CRN about the latest new craze in Beverly Hills; running tours aimed at seeing celebrities.
- Chuckie V gives you the Top 7 Reasons to Watch the Olympics. Hint: More pictures of hot Olympic athletes.
- An article went up this week on the Phat Phree that gives a guys perspective on Hot Yoga (Bikram?). It was doubtful that I was ever going to do hot yoga before I read the article, but now I’m never going to do it.
- In the spirit of the original Olympians competing naked, FitnessFixation.com lists the 5 best and 5 worst sports to compete in while wearing your birthday suit.
- According to RW Daily, Mighty Michael Phelps is competing in another event before the end of the Olympics.
- Cranky Runner gives us a behind the scenes look at NBC’s coverage of Mighty Michael Phelps. NBC: All Phelps, all the time.
- Kristina gives us 8 ways to run greener, presumably as an honor to Mighty Michael Phelps' 8 gold medals.
- Kyle takes a look at the Mighty Michael Phelps goggle incident. Personally I think it was a cunning assault on democracy, planned by Red China to take down Mighty Michael Phelps. This is nothing less than an ACT OF WAR!!!!!!!
Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
What Phelps has done over the last week has been simply incredible, superhuman even. The most exciting race was the 4x100m Freestyle relay, and you’ve probably seen it a hundred times but it’s worth another look. YouTube videos of the Olympics have been disappearing faster than mob informants but this one is hosted elsewhere so I’m hoping it sticks around.
The worst part about that video is that it’s not the whole race and it doesn’t do justice to the faces of the French team after they realized they’d lost. Suck it France!
Video and images of Leryn Franco from With Leather.
Have a great weekend everyone!