From Track & Field News; “Stanford’s Alicia Follmar took a hard fall on the leadoff leg of the Penn women’s distance medley. While she was on the ground, Follmar took a spike to the head but got up to finish a gutsy 3rd, the same position in which her team ultimately finished behind Michigan and Tennessee.”
- Leading off the Weekend Splits as always is my article over at CRN about the poses that runners strike for the camera. If you haven’t already read it then please go check it out because you’ll hurt my feelings if you don’t, and I’ve gotta’ warn you... I’m a cryer.
- Nitmos’ Lance Armstrong post was quite humorous and if anyone does know of an athlete with “speed yielding teats” then I too would love to suckle at them.
- The Science of Sport started a new series on Fatigue and Exercise and how it can affect your pacing strategy. It’s fascinating stuff that is worth your time even though some of it is above my level of comprehension.
- Roman over at Everyman Tri has a great article titled Taking Matters into Your own Hands, and if you’re taking that in the worst possible way that it could be taken then you’re on the right track.
- jkrunning found herself surrounded by armed Marines on her last training run, probably because she was singing along to Xanadu. I’m quite certain that subjecting others to Xanadu is a capital offense, if it’s not, it should be.
- Saucony Marketing left a comment a couple of weeks ago on an old post (Half-Fast Pronunciation Guide). They said that they’d never heard of anyone mispronouncing Saucony the way that I was, which I believe loosely translates to “you’re an idiot Vanilla!” They also pointed me to their new website, which I in turn am pointing you towards because maybe if they get enough traffic from Half-Fast they’ll send me a free pair of shoes. Who’s the idiot now?
Comments of the Week
Tons of great comments this week, especially on the Great Bike Giveaway post but I’m going to save those for another time. Two of my favorites were:
Frayed Laces on the My Favorite Running Hat post:
Totally my hat. Only I have the red “B” and the whole hat is one big sweat stain. The bonus? If you’re ever low on electrolytes, it’s a portable salt lick!
P.O.M. on the same post:
Like salt through the grungy hat,
so are the days of our lives.
Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
Xenia at Diggin’ It sent in the following video for consideration as the Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week. As she mentioned in her e-mail it’s quite popular (over 14 million views on YouTube) but I hadn’t seen it before so maybe you haven’t either.
Have a great weekend everyone. Happy running!