I’m not going to lie to you sexy readers, posting the Weekend Splits every Saturday (occasionally Sunday) is kind of a pain in the glutes. Go look at the stats for almost any blog and you’ll see that there are fewer readers on the weekend and I’m afraid to tell you that Half-Fast is no different. People just don’t take the time to stop and read blogs on the weekend and I have to believe that this applies even more to runners who are busy trying to get in their long runs. So my question to you today is this: Should the Weekend Splits stay or should they go? How many of you read them or click on the links that are posted? Let me hear your thoughts on the Weekend Splits in the comments so that I can
As for this week? Here is your link dump:
- Reluctant Runner is amending her stance on hating hills, now she only hates uphills and if anyone has any information on how to join the Olympic Downhill Running Team she’s all ears.
- J-Money, who writes one of my very favorite blogs, wrote some letters to strangers including one to the “gentleman” who flipped the bird while “politely” suggesting she run on the sidewalk.
- Sarah (who’s waist is small and curves are kickin’) is discovering what it’s like to have people checking out your rump. These good looks can be a curse sometimes. Also of note, I stole the picture above from Sarah’s blog. Thanks for being so understanding Sarah.
- The Daily Runner posted a short 20 second video that I like to call “Watch out for that last hurdle... and the one before it... and also the one before that.” Good thing I don’t believe in karma, because laughing so hard at that guy would not be good for it.
- Amy e-mailed me a link to the Most Ineffective Diets, and quite frankly it confirms what I’ve always suspected; there’s no such thing as a good diet.
Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
My sister sent me this video clip from the show Moment of Truth. If you’re not familiar with the show it is, in my sister’s words “where people go to ruin their lives and not win any money for it.” Sounds fun, no? Enjoy.
Have a great weekend everyone! Happy running!