In case you missed my first post on this subject, or missed Daniel's comment you can find them here.
The complete list of "celebrities" (new to the list "celebrities" are bolded):
- Rowdy Gaines - gold medal-winning Olympic swimmer.
- Bill Romanowski - former Denver Broncos player.
- Alex Smith - cast member of MTV's Real World Denver.
- Scott Elrod - cast member on ABC's "Men in Trees."
- Jake Schroeder - lead singer of Opie Gone Bad.
- Marni Rachich - "Peekaboo Screech" on the Denver Roller Dolls.
- Vic Lombardi - CBS4 sportscaster.
- Maggie Ireland - Miss Colorado 2007.
- Chris Anthony - extreme skier and star of 17 Warren Miller films.
- Ami Cusack - cast member of CBS' "Survivor 9 Vanuatu".
- Whitney Gustafson - Broncos Cheerleader.
- Stephen Keel - a Colorado Rapids defender player. (Their phrasing, not mine.)
- Dave McGillivray - Race Director of the Denver and Boston Marathon.
To be honest I don't really have anything further to say and probably would have just let this slide by unnoticed if Daniel hadn't commented on the last post, but now I feel like I have to defend the position that I took. I'm guessing that Daniel is actually someone who is involved with the Denver Marathon, because I really can't fathom someone on the list being upset about a blog with a daily readership of under 200. I also find it hard to believe that this actually reached one of the people on the list. Daniel is probably the talent coordinator for the Denver Marathon and was Googling "Denver Marathon celebrities" to see what people were saying about the wonderful job he did of bringing in A list celebrities to run this thing when he came across Half-Fast. It's really too bad because I found Daniel's comment amusing, he seems like a funny guy. I'm quite sure that we'd have been best of friends if we'd have met under different circumstances.
As I stated previously I have no beef with any of the people who are volunteering to run for the benefit of a charity. I was merely pointing out that there are very few of them that I would consider to be celebrities, but hey, what do I know? I'm just some dick with a blog.