- Bill Romanowski - Former Broncos Player
- Alex Smith - a cast member of MTV's Real World Denver
- Scott Elrod - a cast member on ABC's Men in Trees
- Jake Schroeder - lead singer of Opie Gone Bad
- Marni Rachich - "Peekaboo Screech" on the Denver Roller Dolls (you have to click that link, it's pretty high on the unintentionally funny scale.)
- Vic Lombardi - CBS4 sportscaster
- Maggie Ireland - Miss Colorado 2007 (pictured right)
- Chris Anthony - an extreme skier and star of 17 Warren Miller films
That is a pretty sad indictment of the celebrities we have here in the Denver area, I think I'm probably in the top 25. Anyway there is a clear winner in the bunch, and I'd like to ask for your donations so that I can run with... *drum roll please*... Miss Colorado 2007, Maggie Ireland. We have so much in common that we could talk about during our 2 miles together. For example, Maggie is a beauty queen, and I like to daydream about beauty queens. Maggie strongly holds to her beliefs that we can find optimism in the midst of adversity and I strongly hold to my beliefs that Maggie is a smokin' hottie.
If you possess an IQ in the double digit range then you've probably already noticed that there is something wrong with the above list, something other than the fact that they're playing it pretty fast and loose with the term "celebrity." The list only has 8 people on it, which means that there are
six... no... four... several people who will be added at a later date. I assume that the race organizers are presently scouring the state for anyone who's remotely famous. Pretty soon the list will be completed and the last "celebrity" that's added will be that guy on his cell phone behind home plate at the Rockies game who's always on TV. If he turns it down, I'm next in line.
If you're so inclined you can view the full Maggie Ireland, Miss Colorado 2007 gallery.